The Endless are the anthropomorphized embodiments of powerful natural forces. They regard themselves as a family and call each other siblings. From oldest to youngest they are: Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire, and Delirium, who was previously known as Delight.
- Destiny, the oldest, also seems to be the tallest to mortal eyes. He wears a cowl over his face. He is blind, but can still see. Destiny’s sigil is the book that is chained to his wrist.
- Death appears in the form of an attractive goth girl. She is the sibling closest to Dream and he frequently relies on her for advice and help. Her sigil is the ankh that she wears around her neck.
- Dream is the moody, pale, and dark-haired protagonist of the series. A 70-year imprisonment changed his personality, the effects of which are shown throughout the series. His eyes glitter strangely, like twin stars. His sigil is the helm that he wears into battle.
- Destruction is a broad-shouldered, red-headed man. He abandoned his realm 300 years ago. Since then, he has made very little contact with his siblings. While he was with the family, however, he was boisterous and warm-hearted. His sigil was a sword.
- Despair and Desire are twins. Despair appears to be a squat, naked, morbidly obese woman. Her sigil is a ring with a hook on her finger that she uses to cut her flesh. She is the first Endless to have an aspect killed. Desire has no gender and appears in the form that one most desires. Capricious and self centered, Desire's sigil is a glass heart.
- Delirium, the youngest, she used to be Delight. No one knows why she changed, except for herself, perhaps. Her hair changes on whim, ranging from long to shaved, or both, from red to orange to multicolored. One of her eyes is blue with flecks of silver and the other is emerald green. She appears to be in her late teens usually, and the other Endless are often protective of her. Her sigil is a swirl of colors.